New:support added for forms. You can now send auto emails from form submissions like requests for swatches, quotes, customer service, etc.
Customers can now submit reviews via email. See the attachements tab for current documentation.
This addon allows you to send what are known as transactional emails based on specific events being encountered. Most commonly, this is used to send a follow-up email to a customer who has purchased something at some point in the future. For example, you might send an email to everyone who purchases from your site 3 days after their order asking them to please post a review of the products they purchased (with links to the products).
There is a complete admin interface consisting of a management page that lists the current events to be triggered as well as pages to view email that is to be sent as well as emails that have already been sent. You can create events from a fixed list of actions which are pre-defined triggers. Currently, the actions for orders are:
- One or more of a certain product was purchased.
- Total order amount greater than some value
- A particular payment method was used.
- All orders placed.
There is an action setup for a new user registration too but it only has the new event associated with it. You can use this to send an additional welcome message offering new customers a special offer.
Templates can be associated with an event. Data is provided to the templates based on the type of event encountered. I.e. order info for order events and user info for profile events. Templates do have a naming format, but other than that are fully customizable. .Multiple languages are supported so if your customer purchases in Romanian, they can get their emails sent to them in Romanian too if you’ve provided the translation. Otherwise, the templates will fall back to English.
- Fully event driven and prioritized.
- Highest priority event that meets the event conditions will win.
- Events are fully customizable and can be named to suit your needs.
- CC email addresses can be associated with events.
- Days in the future to send the email can be specified per event
- Supports event status so events can be turned on and off (Active/Disabled).
- View emails queued to be sent
- View emails that have already been sent
- "Run the queue” at admin login or via cron job or via manual link.
- Templates fully customizable.
- Fully supported
- Free bug fixes and feature enhancements
- Automatic updates when new versions are available